New Grief Support Group for Daughters in Philadelphia
I just formed a grief support group for women aged 18 – 30 who lost their mothers to cancer. If you or someone you know can benefit from a group like this, please feel free to share or join the meetup group!
Our first meeting will be on Wednesday, May 22, 7:00 PM- 8:30 PM. The location is TBD, as I want to see what kind of response I get. The first meeting will be a meet-and-greet, very casual “getting to know you”. We can also discuss what direction we’d like to the group to take.
I formed the group for a few reasons:
1) There were support groups for children who lost a parent, but nothing for “children” aged 18 – 30 (we are all someone’s child, no matter what age!);
2) I spent countless hours searching high and low for a free, local, grief support group for this specific demographic and none existed. If I want it, then someone else must, too.
Please spread the word! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
- Grief and Mother’s Day: National Grief Expert’s 10 Tips to Remember Mom with Peace (prweb.com)
- Organization Offers Support In Memory Of Mothers (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Grief experienced even if you have time to prepare for a loved one’s death (readingeagle.com)