HOPE Holiday Party: Raising Ovarian Cancer Awareness!
Saturday night was our HOPE Holiday Party to benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and raise ovarian cancer awareness – guests wore teal, showed off their teal styles, and enjoyed teal appetizers and drinks.
We stuffed 13 people into our “cozy” Philadelphia home and guess what?! It was a GREAT time. After a short speech about the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, Take Back Teal, and ovarian cancer symptoms, signs, and awareness, the guests were free to mingle.
The Teal Squeal was our signature drink and yes, it was teal, and yes, it was greatly enjoyed. A thoughtful guest chose to ‘donate’ a bottle of teal-labeled wine – delicious AND appropriate!
Our decorations included teal paper lanterns, teal and zebra striped balloons/streamers, teal garland, table sprays, and more. We love having a party for a good cause, and we think that you should definitely turn your next party teal for ovarian cancer awareness and fundraising!
Each guest was gived a teal ribbon goodie bag of OCRF literature, which included ovarian cancer symptom cards, research, pens, and other great giveaways – and we added a teal ribbon lapel pin as an extra surprise. You can find the bags and lapel pins at Oriental Trading’s website, and the OCRF will provide you with the literature for your awareness and fundraising party.
Donations are still coming in for the OCRF, and we can’t wait to share how much we raised for this cause. Shoutouts were also given to the Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation, Fretzy’s Candles, Lee’s Hope Jewelry, and Karen Ingalls, the author of Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir.
Thank you to every single person who donated, attended, and/or supported Take Back Teal’s very first event for ovarian cancer awareness. We look forward to our next fundraiser with you – in an even bigger space!
- Pledge to wear teal for Ovarian Cancer every Tuesday, and share with others! (takebackteal.wordpress.com)
- Take Back Teal News & Ramblings – Cards Are Ready (and some other stuff) (takebackteal.wordpress.com)
- They’re Here! They’re Here! (takebackteal.wordpress.com)
- Fretzy’s Candles – Proud Supporter of Ovarian Cancer (takebackteal.wordpress.com)
- Our first event! – A Holiday HOPE Party (Thanks, OCRF!) (takebackteal.wordpress.com)
- Turn it Teal Tuesday – Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation, Inc. (takebackteal.wordpress.com)