Tealspiration: Need a home makeover?
…Or maybe you just want to bring a little of the beach into your home to warm things up this winter!
The ocean and the beach inspires all things teal, so check out the fab (and easy, fun, and budget-friendly!) craft finds we’ve snagged for you:
Beachy Glass Gem Wall Art by madiganmade.com
We love how the water and the sand have been creatively captured for this conversation-starting wall piece.
- White frame, any size (your choice!). These can be picked up on the cheap at a thrift store, yard sale, or clearance craft store sale.
- Mod Podge (satin and shimmer). Find at a craft store.
- Creamy, tan-tan colored heavyweight paper for the “sand” background. Must be cut to fit the frame.
- Craft brushes
- A strong craft glue, designed for glass
Sea Glass Mosaic Tray by sandandsisal.com
Serving trays are so versatile – we use one in our own home as a jewelry display for our bedroom! That way, our favorite pieces are always easily accessible and blend in perfectly with our room’s decor. Getting ready is a breeze when you can just pick your accessory of the day and walk out the door.
- Serving tray of any size (find one at a yard sale, thrift store, discount store, or craft store)
- Sand paper, if your tray already has a lacquered and/or painted finish
- Spray paint that is suitable for wood, any color you want
- Sea glass in a mixture of teal, blue and ocean green colors. Can find at any craft store!
- Ready-to-use tile adhesive
- Pre-mixed grout
- Toothed trowel
- Rubber tile float
The ingredients list looks daunting, but many of these materials can be reused for other crafts. Some of you might already have these at home.
Have fun and happy crafting!
PS – Did you try out either of these crafts? Let us know!